Through our partners and our in-house capabilities, Far can support:
- Capability reports
- Dimensional reports
- Material characterisation through coupon testing
- Static proof loading of components and assemblies
- Fatigue testing of assemblies
- Crash testing, type approval and homologation of vehicles
- Environmental ageing
- Surface coating adhesion wear resistance
Far-UK primarily use LS-DYNA® software for accurate Finite Element Analysis (FEA) simulation.
- Simulation of composite materials at micro, meso and macro-scale
- Optimisation of design iterations and validation of expected performance
- Dynamic FEA including crash simulation
- Company has achieved Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA) accreditation for sign off of roll over analysis for coaches and is now an approved facility for FEA testing through ECE Regulation: 66.02, Annexes 8 and 9 Strength of Superstructure of Large Passenger Vehicles.
Additional to FEA software, Far can perform calculations using a range of tools to validate the feasibility of new concepts within short-time scales.